Welcome to The New Standard Academy!
The New Standard's family like atmosphere provides an environment to serve the whole child in grades Pre-K-8th. The staff takes a vested interest in the success of all their students and families.
Students enrolled in The New Standard will:
- master vital core subjects
- overcome learning struggles
- become strong achievers
- be college-ready at graduation
New Standard Academy has staggered start times for the 2019-2020 academic year. Students in 7-10th grade are in session from 7:15 to 2:45. Students in Young 5’s through 6th grade are in session from 8:15 to 3:45. Students have a variety of outlets including tutoring and athletics to engage in afterschool. The academy also has a very aggressive MTSS (multi-tiered systems of support) program. In MTSS, students are offered early intervention that focuses on remediation of key concepts they are deficient in. The academy prides itself on student accountability and striving to prepare students for college.
Students enrolled in The New Standard can:
- be a student athlete (football, cheerleading, track, basketball, volleyball, dance)
- participate in a wide variety of after school programs (academic and social)
- overcome social/emotional obstacles with group sessions
- be part of a student leadership team!
The New Standard also serves the community, as it is our mission: "Serving the city of Flint with a higher standard in educational excellence and community wellness." Our team and students work with area residents to create educational and wellness programs that support the entire family.
ENROLL TODAY !
Applications available online or by calling us at 810-787-3330.